ComPPI is a multicomponent, undirected, weighted protein-protein interaction network.
- Nodes: proteins
- Edges: undirected edges representing any relationship between two proteins
- Edge weights: interaction scores
- Interaction Score: the probability of the given interaction, can be thought of as edge weight
- Interaction Source Databases: the names of the databases that describe the interaction
- Interaction Source PubMed IDs: the PubMed IDs of the publications describing the source databases or the specific publication which describes the interaction
- Interaction Experimental Systems: the experimental system that determined the interaction (such as 'yeast two-hybrid')
The custom downloads contain various combinations of these,
please refer to the relevant help section for further details.
The nodes are identified by ComPPI IDs in the downloadable full database (SQL).
These IDs are not stable, they may change in every release.
If you use ComPPI to build a network, you may want to consider using the protein names as node IDs,
otherwise networks of different ComPPI versions may not be compatible with each other.
⇦ Back to Help Table of Contents
⇦ Back to Starting Page